2/9/21 PTO Executive Board Meeting Minutes
Present: Elizabeth Howe, Christina Crawford, Tyler Newell, Chip Minto, Jenny Steffie, Kristina Groetsch, Ann Fox, Laurie Shirey
● Want/need to change by-laws to have an attendance requirement (must attend at least 50% of meetings to remain on the board)
● 157 jumpers and 104 non-jumpers signed up
● A few people signed up twice. Elizabeth will reach out to families that double registered to get clarity on who signed.
● A few checks are in the PTO mailbox.
● $2,800 was budgeted and current cost is $2,300.
● Next year, push all payments online to avoid waiting on checks.
○ Masks are mandatory
○ Encourage waiver completion ahead of time
○ Lay out pizza tickets on a table for easy access
○ Bring boxes of extra masks and hand sanitizer
● 35 people registered so far
● Plans for decorating and food are coming along
○ Looking for 4 different vendors to come in and set up like a food festival
○ Encourage people to walk around and mingle
○ Drinks in the concession stand
● Still need help with procurement
● February contest - someone who buys in February will win a wingspan of 50/50 tickets
● Up front costs
○ Decorations, invitations, and stamps
○ Still looking for sponsors to cover the costs
● Will need donations of flowers, white Christmas lights, and tealights.
● Linen tablecloths (discussed buying vs. renting)
● No update yet
● Need to encourage them to contact Cheryl
○ Jenny will contact to help with the flyer
● Need to get the volunteer sign-up ASAP
● Discussed how much has been paid toward the floor.
● February 19th
● Volunteer sign-up created and sent to Eagle Express
● Limited income
○ No sports ticket sales
○ Limited snack bar
● Discussed moving all sports banquet/awards to the spring
● High school sports banquet - discussed keeping it a dinner
Performing Arts Boosters
● Looking to create a live stream of the video of the play
● Roles were recast
PTO Email list
● Jenny needs to meet with John or Priscilla to clean up the list.
● Discussed if we could/should email out to the entire school through RenWeb
● Could we create our own list to make emailing our volunteers easier?
● Discussed who can send out email on behalf of the PTO
● Tyler will give Jenny access to PTO gmail, so that emails can be sent on behalf of the
● Need to get everyone on board
● Will try to encourage that line of communication
○ More training is needed (preferably in person)
● Executive Board meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month for the remainder of the year
○ March 9th at 7:30 (Zoom)
○ April 13th at 7:30 (Zoom)
○ May 11th (time and location to be determined)